The choices : Easy, similar to Cave Story, Tougher, or HELL!
With 55 results in currently, I can assure you it *still won’t be … Easy!
How hard should the plot-heavy prequel be?
Easy! 5.45% (3 votes)
Cave Story. 40% (22 votes)
Tougher! 30.91% (17 votes)
Give em’ hell!! 23.64% (13 votes)
It looks like the majority of people want it similar to be like Cave Story, but tougher.
Of course, what mod would be complete without some sections that rival or surpass Hell’s difficulty?!
I’m actually surprised there are so many votes for Hell difficulty. I guess it makes sense though, a majority of the viewers are probably veterans of Cave Story.
I suppose the best option that would meet everyone’s level would be having multiple difficulty levels, but I’m not sure doing about that. Alternatively, I could make different paths for the player to choose from, but that might bother some people who want to confront the hardest choice first, despite being warned! Still…
The biggest hurdle will creating all new enemies. I am concerned about that. I would like to create all new AI and reuse as little as possible. But… well… never having hacked Cave Story before, it’s another huge hurdle. Still, it has been proven to be possible! I just need to stand on the shoulders of giants!
Difficulty level ideas :
- Easy – Monsters have less health. Less forms of attack. Maybe some changes in level design.
- Normal – Same as Cave Story rules, normal forms of attack. Original level design.
- Tougher – Enemies have new forms of attack. Maybe some changes in level design. No random health drops.
- Hell – NO REGRET! NO REMORSE! NO WAY IN HE— uh
Maybe I could have Hell as an unlockable.
Multiple path ideas :
- Normal path – Follow common sense, the game will guide you where you need to go.
- Hard path – Do the opposite of what the game tells you to do.
Anybody else have some ideas? Want to add something or an alternative way of giving some difficulty level choice?